Long before the rise of marijuana dispensaries – How did it all begin?
Today, marijuana is everywhere. It doesn’t take much effort to buy pot at a nearby cannabis dispensary, whether you have a medical reason or not. But before marijuana has gathered steam to be available for the general public, it has come a long way from being an herbal medicine, a substance for rituals, and raw material for sails. The plant is steeped in history, so let’s rewind the tape to its origins.
What we now call marijuana (a psychoactive version of the cannabis plant) originated in Central Asia. Back in 500 BC, its first uses were associated with rites, when local communities burned it for spiritual and religious purposes. Cannabis seeds were commonly placed in ancient tombs that have been recently unearthed to back up historical claims with evidence.
Cannabis made it to the Americas during the Spanish colonization. In the 1500s-1600s, some colonies in North America cultivated industrial hemp (a non-psychoactive version of the cannabis plant) for textiles, ship sails, canvas, and ropes. Hemp fiber made the perfect material for these applications as it was durable and relatively easy to grow.
Seeds, roots, and flowers have been used for medical purposes throughout the centuries-long history of cannabis. From ancient civilizations to Spanish conquistadors, it was consumed to remedy inflammation, pain, and malaria. In modern history, however, medical marijuana wasn’t widespread at national levels until the 19 century. That’s when it broke into Western medicine as an evidence-based treatment for muscle cramps, vomiting, and stomach aches to help cholera patients get long-awaited relief.
In the early 1900s, marijuana was widely available at pharmacies as a remedy for stomach conditions. An upsurge in its popularity was later whipped up with the findings that THC was the key ingredient of the plant’s medical benefits. These findings opened the door for further research into cannabis and how it could be used for people struggling with health woes.
The difference between legal marijuana and cannabis
Some folks often lump marijuana in with cannabis and hemp, but doing so may lead to ambiguity. These are not the same things in the light of what goes into the product and how it can be legally used.
To make it clearer, think of the cannabis plant. Here’s how you distinguish the terms from this standpoint:
- We use the term “cannabis” to denote any product that can be obtained from this plant. So yes, all hemp, medical weed, and recreational marijuana is cannabis, but not the other way around.
- You can’t use the term “marijuana” to describe the depth of what cannabis means. Marijuana is a product of the cannabis plant that is teeming with THC. It usually refers to buds and leaves that create a psychoactive effect when consumed. That’s why not all cannabis is marijuana.
- Hemp is a product of the cannabis plant, too. But unlike marijuana, it isn’t rich in THC and typically finds its uses in non-drug applications, such as paper making.
For obvious reasons, hemp and legal marijuana have to do with THC. CBD doesn’t play a role in distinguishing between the two, as it can be found in both cannabis products.
Why should you pay heed to THC and CBD when looking for marijuana for sale?
Marijuana houses many compounds that are exclusive to the cannabis plant. These compounds are scientifically known as cannabinoids, and an average cannabis product can include over 100 of these substances. But when it comes to cannabinoids, it’s common to only refer to THC and CBD as their amounts make other compounds lag far behind.
When you want to buy marijuana online, THC is probably the first thing to look at. This cannabinoid has to do with your reward system and dopamine production. To put it without scientific parlance, THC makes you experience the mood-altering effects that cause a high. That’s why it’s usually obtained from THC-laden marijuana parts like buds and leaves.
This is a more neutral cannabinoid than THC, and it can be sourced from both marijuana and hemp. Unless you take cannabis that is abundant in CBD, this substance will unlikely make you feel anything. It is non-psychoactive and only has soothing effects in very high doses, while its lower levels help keep the negative THC buzz in check rather than offer a relaxing experience.
How are THC and CBD used?
The high-causing effects of THC do not mean you only need THC in marijuana when taken recreationally. CBD is an important ingredient to make THC less intense once it impacts your reward system. When blended, both cannabinoids provide a more balanced experience.
What’s more, CBD and THC are regarded as quite different cannabinoids in terms of therapeutic value. Even though both substances can be sourced from medical marijuana, their health benefits are not always the same. Because THC is psychoactive, it is deemed to be an effective means to combat:
- fibromyalgia, headaches, and other types of pain
- appetite disorders
CBD can also help with these ailments, yet THC proves to alleviate them faster. Meanwhile, the soothing effects of CBD can benefit patients with:
- physical conditions that involve inflammation
- mental conditions associated with depression and anxiety
- multiple sclerosis
These are only some of the medical uses that THC-rich, CBD-rich, and blended marijuana varieties have. There’s no denying more therapeutic benefits will be tied to cannabis cannabinoids as novel research findings enter the picture.
Which cannabis product is best for your condition?
There’s no heal-all cannabis product that everyone is fine with. To grab the right one for your condition, you should ask yourself:
- Is my ailment physical or mental?
- Are my symptoms mild, moderate, or severe?
- Where can I buy marijuana, and how do I want to take it?
- How fast do I need the effects to kick in?
- Are there any contraindications that may affect my choice of a cannabis product?
Answers to these questions will make it easier for you to browse Mega Marijuana Store, a one-stop online marijuana shop. Because we have so many products, you should use your answers as pointers to sort them out and find the ideal fit for your health condition.
Once you’re ready to zoom in on our assortment, pair your answers with this guide:
- If you need something for mild symptoms: Smoking low-THC marijuana flowers and pre-rolls is the best way to tackle mild pain and headaches. But you should make sure the strain you choose is suitable for your condition. Browse wisely as our strain selection is nothing but extensive.
- If you need a product for hard-to-tolerate symptoms: THC-laden buds, joints, and vape pens will do nicely. You can also try high-CBD products if you’re looking to soothe seizures or reduce severe inflammation. However, buds are a better choice for immediate relief as the effects of smokeables peak faster than CBD topicals or tinctures.
- If you’re worried about smoking and vaping: Besides CBD products like tinctures, you can relieve your symptoms with edibles and cannabis oils. These work well for mild conditions as they deliver smaller amounts of THC and CBD to your bloodstream than smokeables.
- If you’re in the market for a sleep aid: Nothing is better than pure-CBD products and CBD-laden strains to treat insomnia. You want to order marijuana online that is perfect for nighttime use so that you can get a full night’s rest.
Which product is best for potent recreational effects?
There’s more to Mega Marijuana Store than just medical cannabis. If you’re bold enough to put your tolerance to the test, we have plenty of super-potent recreational marijuana products for you.
As you already know, potency is always synonymous with high THC levels. So, if you’re looking to take buzz up a notch, you should pick THC-laden products. Here are some of those that await you at Mega Marijuana Store.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re going for buds or pre-rolls. The strain is the only thing you should base your decision on. You can’t go wrong with THC powerhouses like Bruce Banner, Sour Diesel, or White Widow for the most intense hit. The rule of thumb is that any strain that tops out at over 20% THC is a surefire way of getting a next-level experience.
Shatter and wax
If you’re a seasoned user, shatter and wax are worth giving a go. While the highest-THC buds pack up to 30% of the cannabinoid, these concentrates boost your highs to 80-90%. Master Kush Shatter and Cannabis Wax are our best-sellers among experienced folks who know the ins and outs of dabbing. Still, you may want to step back if you’re not sure what dose to start at or whether you can handle this potency in the first place.
What makes hash a heavy-hitter is that it is several times more potent than buds. It’s a compressed marijuana product made of the flower’s resin glands without the plant material. Hashish is so potent because it only packs trichomes where cannabinoids abound. That’s why it’s also incredibly flavorsome, making your hits more delightful. If you’re here to order marijuana online for an aromatic experience along with a lasting high, hash is for you.
Another way to get a product loaded with THC is to grow a weed plant on your own. If you’re ready to dust off your cultivation skills or acquire them for the first time, you can buy some marijuana seeds. They are all feminized at Mega Marijuana Store so that you always get a bang out of your harvest. When considering seeds, look at THC-rich strains to make sure your yields will satisfy your intensity needs.
Why Mega Marijuana Store?
Over the last years, Mega Marijuana Store has established a 420-friendly reputation as the #1 international dispensary. We live up to all cannabis patients’ and recreational users’ needs by offering:
- A bountiful marijuana selection. We know you hate it when you scour a marijuana shop online just to realize you’re limited to some bland buds. At Mega Marijuana Store, you have way more options – from award-winning flowers to soothing CBD products and buzzy concentrates. If there’s anything you want to try to de-stress yourself or improve your condition, it’s available in our catalog.
- Guaranteed quality. Our products are sourced from the industry’s major cannabis breeders. Although we can’t name them for privacy reasons, they are our well-respected partners standing behind outstanding genetics and purity. We’re happy to provide a 30-day money-back guarantee on everything you get from us as a way to vouch for our marijuana quality.
- Lower-than-average prices. Licensed as a Tier 3 marijuana producer and processor, we consistently benefit from high yields. That’s why we are in a position to lower our prices, even when it comes to exclusive strains. Now you can get the most bang for your buck with every cannabis purchase.
- Risk-free shopping and delivery. Your data has been encrypted the very moment you’ve visited Mega Marijuana Store. What makes your experience even safer is that we deliver our marijuana in sealed, undetectable packages. No additional charges apply for our stealth service, no matter how far you are located from our facilities.
How to buy marijuana online at Mega Marijuana Store?
Here you will never get bogged down in identity verification or other unnecessary steps. Buying marijuana shouldn’t be tricky even if you’re making your first online dispensary purchase:
- Go to the product category (e.g., flowers or concentrates) that you’re interested in.
- Narrow down your marijuana options and add everything you want to try to your cart.
- Open your cart and make sure it carries all your coveted cannabis products.
- Choose a checkout option based on a payment method.
- Fill in your details as a buyer and follow the final steps to make a transaction.
At Mega Marijuana Store, you can pay with everything from Google Pay to wire transfers. But if you’d like to qualify for 10% off, proceed with Bitcoin or gift cards.
Let us unveil the whole new marijuana world for you to explore. Shop for exceptional weed and cannabis products at Mega Marijuana Store!